Traditional culture experience program for foreign visitorsJapanese dance workshop
Try on a yukata and experience nihon buyo
Nihon buyo is a type of traditional Japanese dance that has a history of nearly 400 years. It is characterized by uniquely Japanese qualities of elegance and grace. Why don't you try on a yukata and our dance workshop ?
You can wear a yukata and learn how to dance in this workshop for free. A yukata is traditional costume but easy to put on, unlike a kimono. We will provide the yukata and tabi (special split-toe socks). In addition, we hope you will enjoy “Fujimusume”, which is the authentic and well-known Japanese dance.
- Every Sundays from April 8, 2018 to March 31, 2019
There are some exceptions: May 20, July 1, July 8, July 29, 2018, March 3, 2019 and the date of shamisen of nagauta workshop: September 16, October 21, November 18, December 16, 2018 and January 20, February 17, 2019
*We have shamisen of nagauta workshop from September 2018 to February 2019 at the same venue.
- 11:00～12:00 / 13:00～14:00 / 15:00～16:00
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
- About 20 persons per workshop
*No age limitations
- Please access the booking URL below and make an online reservation in advance.
*If there is a vacancy on the day, we will accept extra participants at the venue.
【For your reservation】
Please come to reception at 1st Floor of the venue 15 minutes before your reservation session for checked in.
Your reservation will be canceled if you do not show up until 10 minutes before your reservation session.
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Co-organaized by
- Taito City
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- The Japanese Classical Dance Association, Inc.
* The program contents may be subject to change.