Traditional culture experience program for foreign visitorsJapanese dance workshop
Try on a yukata and experience nihon buyo
This program allows participants to experience simple movements of nihon buyo (traditional Japanese dance) while wearing a “yukata” (informal cotton kimono)and watch a professional dancer performs a short section of “Fujimusume” (Wisteria Maiden). There will also be an opportunity to take photos with instructors at the end.
- Every Sunday from April 2017 to March 2018 (* There are some exceptions)
April 16, May 14, May 21, June 18, July 9, July 16, July 30, August 20, September 17, October 15, November 19, December 17, December 31, 2017
January 21, February 18, February 25, March 18, 2018
- 11:00～12:00 / 13:00～14:00 / 15:00～16:00
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
- Advance application not required
* Around 20 people per workshop, reception at 1F of the venue, first come, first serve
* No age limitation
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Co-organaized by
- Taito City
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- The Japanese Classical Dance Association, Inc.
* The program contents may be subject to change.