Arts Council Tokyo,
Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation
for History and Culture
Traditional culture experience program for foreign visitorskoto music workshop
Listen to Japanese melodies and try your hand at playing the “koto”
Participants will enjoy the play of Japanese traditional music instruments, Japanese harp the “koto” and Japanese stringed instrument “shamisen” and Japanese bamboo flute “shakuhachi” in the first half of the program and will try playing the “koto” themselves in the second half of the program. The program will be for everyone to casually join. Professional players teach how to play the koto. It will be the moment to feel Japanese atmosphere and soul even in a short time.
* Image is for illustration purposes.
- Once a month from October 2017 to March 2018
October 14 (Sat), November 10 (Fri), December 23 (Sat), January 6 (Sat), February 10 (Sat), March 3 (Sat)
- 12:00～13:00 / 14:00～15:00 / 16:00～17:00
- Tokyo City i Performance Zone (KITTE B1F)
2-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-7090
- Maximum around 20 people per workshop.
- Please apply your ticket in advance from the link below.
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- Nihon Sankyoku Association
* The program contents may be subject to change.